Friday, January 02, 2009

Elena's Tree

Nana and Papa added some extra Christmas joys to your place this year. A gingerbread house, a snowman, a little white fence with some garland. But most importantly your tree was there. The tree that they put all of your ornaments on every year as their way of saying "Merry Christmas" and "We love you." The tree that has stood just below your headstone for six years now.

We miss having you here to wake up with Zaya on Christmas morning. To toast apple cider with us at midnight on New Year's Eve. To throw your arms around my neck and give me a skinny-arm squeeze.

I don't visit your place as often as I should. But I love you forever. And you're with me always. It will be another year of many blessings for our family, but it will also be another year without you.

6 comments:

Morgan said...

I was reading your stories and thought it was a magnificent idea. Would it be possible to get a couple for me? Please contact me violetenmaus@hotmail.com

Hannah Rose said...

I found your blog on Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. I am very sorry for your loss. I too lost my baby, Lily Katherine, who was stillborn at fullterm on March 16, 2010. Although I wish nobody else had to know this pain, it's good to know I'm not alone and there are people who "get it." I'd love to have you follow along on my blog as well: www.roseandherlily.blogspot.com

Blessings, Hannah Rose

Anonymous said...

Areyou still doing bracelets for moms experiencing a loss?

Geez bees 75 @ Gmail . Com

Jena said...

We just lost our 3 week old daughter Victoria, I was wondering if you are still making the bracelets I found on the grief website.... Thank you.

Unknown said...

I'd like a bracelet in memory of the son I lost on 09/14/16 at 22 weeks. I'd love to have one if so.So many of these sites are outdated but still listed as if there in existence. I do not see a post from you since 2009, it's 2016. Please update your status if you no longer provide these services.

Nailseb24@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

If you are still making bracelets id like one for my daughter priscilla mae she was stillborn at 41 weeks born sgill on october 2 2012

Kcouto3@gmail.com